Dear Brothers and Sisters, Namaskar!
You are welcome to join our upcoming regional retreat for Los Angeles Region at Ananda Dhiira from October 6 to 9, 2022. The retreat will start on Thursday afternoon and continue until Sunday morning.
We encourage you to take a break from your work and join us for the full retreat. Arrival is on Thursday afternoon with Dharma Cakra, dinner, and a light evening program. We will have some classes, Akhanda Kiirtana, and other programs on Friday. Saturday is Kiirtana day so we will have Akhanda Kiirtana both in the early morning and afternoon. Ananda Dhiira has good accommodation, with eleven beds in the main building (for women and children) and five beds at the brothers’ dorm. Please register soon to reserve your spot and help us organize the retreat.
The Dadas and Didis will have RDS at the Los Altos Hills Jagrti from October 3 – 5 and will join us for this retreat and the monthly first Sunday Akhanda Kiirtana at Los Altos Hills Jagrti on October 2, 2022.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page to register.
- Spend time together in the natural beauty of Ananda Dhiira
- Walk along the South-Yuba River
- Mudpacks and noon meditation by the river
- Philosophy classes
- Akhanda Kiirtana and Katha Kiirtana
- RAWA Evening Program
Retreat Fee and Donations
$360 couples (including children)
*(Retreat fees include accommodation at Ananda Dhiira, Food, and Programs)
Please register here below. You can pay from the registration form or pay cash or check when arriving at Ananda Dhiira. Please fill in the registration form so we can estimate how many people will attend the retreat.
Kindly pay the retreat fee in one of the following ways:
1. Online through Zelle bank, electronic transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please use the PayPal Button in the registration form (bottom.) You can also log into your PayPal account and send it to email@example.com
3. You can also pay by check or cash upon arrival. In that case, please fill out the registration form and contact the organizers to make sure to reserve your accommodation.
Ananda Dhiira and Accommodation
Ananda Dhiira is a beautiful retreat center located in Penn Valley, California. Nature at Ananda Dhiira is breathtaking, and you can see lots of stars so bright at night. The retreat center is surrounded by oak forest and is a fifteen-minute walk to the South Yuba River. Didi Ananda Acira and her volunteers live at Ananda Dhiira, grow organic fruits and vegetables, and organize various retreats and fasting programs.
- Two private rooms for women with two single beds (2 women sharing each room)
- One dormitory room for women with three bunk beds (up to six women in a shared room)
- One dormitory for men with five single beds (located in a separate building from the retreat center.) It will also be possible to sleep in the brother’s hall meditation room if all beds are occupied.
- Staying in your tent at the side of the retreat center is also possible. Please get in touch with Didi for details.
Bedding is provided with bedsheets, pillows, and blankets. If you are driving, you are welcome to bring your own bedding.
What to bring:
Please bring comfortable clothing and shoes, toiletry, towel, notebook & pen, swimming suit, medications (if you have any), sunscreen, insect repellent, hat, and other personal needs. Please don’t bring sleeveless shirts, short pants, or short skirts.
19393 Sanctuary Road
Penn Valley, CA 95946
SFM (Sacramento International Airport) is the nearest airport, 45 miles from Ananda Dhiira. You can take Uber from there to Ananda Dhiira or rent a car.
The nearest train station is AMTRAK Auburn station.
If you arrive at SJC, OAK, or SFO airports, you can get an AMTRAK train to Auburn station, and from there, there is a shuttle to Grass Valley and another shuttle to Penn Valley. We can pick you up from Penn Valley.
Please note it is not easy to get public transportation (shuttle or Uber) in the evening from Auburn station. It is better to arrive during the day. We will also try to arrange a ride-share with other participants when possible, so please let us know your travel plans in advance.
There is a security code for entering the gate at Sanctuary Road. Please contact Didi Ananda Acira before traveling to get guidance (there is no mobile signal at the gate, so it is better to contact her in advance.)
Didi Ananda Acira: firstname.lastname@example.org and +1 (347) 530-4425 (mobile, Telegram, WhatsApp.)